Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #53
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
OTOH, it's an ereader, not a life safety device...
Yes it is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That won't matter. Calibration for Li-Ion batteries is simply two or three complete discharge/recharge cycles. All it is doing is calibrating the the fully charged and discharged voltages. Unless Kobo has out much more intelligent battery management software in the device than most laptops have, the charge level is simply a linear scale over the difference.

It doesn't matter how the discharge happens. The bad epub will just have drained the battery quicker which is handy when doing the calibration.
Oh. Gah. If it is calibrated, it's being strange deciding to hang around 47% for a few days. Doesn't seem like a linear drain at all (with hardly any irregular use, I've left it in sleep mode as much as possible). I suppose I really will not know until it loses its charge again.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote