View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #124
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor Nightelf View Post
FWIW, I just finished fixing the same problem on a Win7 system. Rather than delete all of the files listed in post #111, all I had to do was rename the subdirectory C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Sony Corporation\Reader\v

I renamed the directory "v" to "badv" and the reader software started right up. FWIW, it didn't even create a fresh "v" directory for itself. Evidently, something there was corrupt but apparently unnecessary.

Aargh. If you're reading this and this helps, I'm glad to have saved you the heartaches we've been through.
I just went through this! I spent the last two days combing through MR for clues, I uninstalled & reinstalled, no good. Uninstalled, shutdown, restarted & reinstalled, still no joy. Finally, late last night I saw the mention of removing the Kinoma folders on Win7. I waited til morning (OK, early afternoon!) and searched high and low for them , found & deleted 'em, uninstalled Reader Library then did a shutdown & restart. Next came a moment of prayer and finger crossing as I reinstalled Reader Library and voilą! There it was returned to it's proper appearance

MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote