View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #75
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
For those able to set up a forwarding email address (no real mailbox), those also work fine to receive the codes.

I had one that I changed each time, to get the bundles, but started using the same one after a while, for both the gift code and to sent myself the last code, if needed. that way, it just drops into my real email and if I ever see it starting to get spammed, I just go edit the email address and use a slight variation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I do something similar. My main email address (and the one I use for Baen) is a forwarding address and I use the "real" unlying address as my gift code address.
Me too. I use spamgourmet addresses (and there are many similar services) for almost anything I register for online. It is easy and I can simply make up a new address on the fly. for example junkblorb.5.cmiller173@xoxy.net will forward the first 5 emails to my real email address. The numeral between the first two periods can be anywhere from 1 to 20. I can also go to the spamgourmet site and specify an exclusive sender for any address I have created so that any email from that sender will be forwarded regardless of the count. I can also reset the counter for any address.

Another option if you use gmail is to take advantage of Google's complete disregard for the standard for email addresses. Gmail ignores periods in the part of the address to the left of the "@". so some.address@gamil.com , someaddress@gmail.com and so.me.add.ress@gmail.com all go to the same account.

And yet another gmail trick: http://lifehacker.com/144397/instant...mail-addresses

Last edited by camiller; 07-27-2012 at 10:06 AM.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote