View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #36
Funslinger
Funslinger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
Of course the other way to handle reduce the hyphenation would be to use left justification instead of full justification (this will cause a ragged right edge). ie add 'text-align: left;' to an appropriate set of selectors. This will however require you to turn 'Publisher Defaults' on for the book on your NC, since the BN custom style sheet adds in 'text-align: justify', and has a higher priority than the document css settings.

(EDIT: I notice that this is what Jerseyman first suggested (post 6) )

Hmmm different strokes for different folks, I guess. When dealing with full justification, you are the first person I've heard of that prefers playing with the interword/intercharacter spacing over hyphenation. (In c r eas e d spa c in g dri ves me batty )
Then why do you use full justification? (Your   example   of   increased   spacing   was   incorrect   anyway.)

I prefer left-aligned text and I STILL get hyphens on a Nook Simple Touch (EDIT: That is until a started using Peter Sorotokin's suggestion of {adobe-hyphenate: none}; but that only works for non-DRMed ebooks). End-of-line hyphens drive me crazy as does breaking a hyphenated word on the hyphen. Had I known that the NOOK Simple Touch auto hyphenates, I wouldn't have bought it.

Last edited by Funslinger; 07-16-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Funslinger is offline   Reply With Quote