View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Is calibre path located in the registery

Hi Kovid,
Question.

I would like to update the BookCreator tool to dynamically locate the location of the calibre tool, in addition to providing the user the option to manually change the path.

In windows this info is usually stored in the registry. When I look in the registry I find this path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\calibre\Installer\Inst allPath

Where the value for InstallPath is the correct calibre path.

My question though is this value reliable? Or is that path generated by the installer and might possibly change names in the future?

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote