View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I'm not sure where the zipped HTML files in your first question came from. You could try unzipping them and converting them to MOBI with calibre and see what you end up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutoctavian View Post
2. What is the better format for keeping a backup of my books in Calibre? EPUB or MOBI?
I see that your device is a Kindle, so you might as well have them all as MOBI. Those two formats convert back and forth easily. You don't have that many books, so you could even keep a copy of both formats of each book in your calibre library.

Quote:
3. I am using a software named DeskUNPDF for Mac which can convert PDF to DOC or HTML quite nicely. Is there any way to convert HTML to MOBI in Calibre? What I am trying is to get as good as possible MOBI files out of my PDFs. Calibre can convert them but my PDFs are large and complicated and the conversion is not perfect. I am hoping that HTML as source for Calibre is a better option.
Yes, calibre can convert from HTML to MOBI and calibre likes HTML much better than PDF as a input format. Directly converting PDF to MOBI with calibre is not ideal, I've had better luck emailing the PDF to my Kindle through Amazon and having them convert it. If you like the HTML version you get with your PDF converter then calibre would be able to handle the next step and convert the HTML to MOBI just fine.

Last edited by Synamon; 01-23-2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: ok, i'm done editing finally :p
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote