View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #22
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader Paradice View Post
Having said that though, you DO NEED a light source to shine down upon the Touch's e-Ink display to read it. I found that laying in bed with the ceiling light illuminating the room from above, and directly behind the e-Ink display, didn't cut it for the Touch. You need an over-the-shoulder lighting, bathing the Touch's screen to read/view comfortably. If you are sitting up though, any overhead lighting source will be more than enough.

The Vox's back lit display is much better suited for totally dark, or a light source from BEHIND the Vox's/Touch's display. Back lit is the only way to go in that case (laying in bed prone, with ceiling light as the only source, as an example.)
My daughter got a regular Kobo reader last Christmas and this year she's expecting a Vox from hubby. She likes to read in bed at night and hubby doesn't like the light on. She hopes the Vox will solve the problem. Personally, I find the Vox, even at its dimmest setting, still throws out quite a bit of light when reading in the dark. I'm waiting for Kobo to fix the unstoppable auto-rotation in the native reader.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote