View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #209
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnit29 View Post
I walked in your footsteps Bumblebum. I did all that you did and then followed your directions and still nothing.

Then, I decided to download the file from dustyfeet using it's full name to my flashdrive, plug it in to my PE and then rename it from the PE instead of renaming it on the flashdrive from my PC.

Any of the available download links in my resource Sticky should work including the user modded v1.01. If you read the Resource Sticky it clearly says that Mark Rehorst's zip file contains both the Ermine Update and Dingo 1.6 and you need to extract the files and rename them accordingly. However, based on these recent posts I have changed it to now read: This zip file contains TWO files, the Ermine Update and the original Dingo 1.6. Be advised you will need to extract the files manually and rename the appropriate update file depending on whether you are upgrading to Ermine or downgrading to Dingo

I agree with you 100 percent about taking the update file and copying it to a USB drive or SD card and then plugging it into the eDGe and renaming it. This verifies the media is good and eliminates the chance of getting a double zip file (.zip.zip). I asked a new owner to give this a whirl about a week ago when he PMed me asking for advice and after he reported success with the procedure I changed it in the Sticky. Thanks for pointing out the problems you experienced and hopefully this will make it easier for the next person upgrading.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-28-2011 at 06:21 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote