View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Huh. Priorities differ. I like your suggestion #2 but 1 & 3 don't mean much to me.

Lifetime warranty on an electronic product? Give me some of what you're smoking. Who do you think pays the projected cost of failures down the road? The initial price would have to be inflated enough to match the life failure analysis.

Suppose #3 was written. It wouldn't help you one little bit if Amazon goes out of business. Guaranteed service is never assured.

But back to priorities. I am on the fence myself for a second reader. Got the Sony for Xmas for my wife. Do I buy a second one for me or possibly the Kindle? I'd buy a Kindle tomorrow if -- the physical design was changed. So I'm probably buying a second Sony and waiting for Kindle version 2 or 3.

What do I mean by physical design? Big page turn buttons are good. Accidental presses are not. Way too many hands-on reviews complain about this and its fit into the cover. Second major point, make the keyboard slide-out or removable. The current layout adds unnecessary height to the device. Give us a top light like the Light Wedge. Not building that in or giving us a proper snap-on (so we pay more) accessory is dumb.

What else would make it tempting? Make more e-book formats native.

And my most radical idea, offer me a Netflix/Rhapsody-like book subscription service. I'd easily pay $12 a month, possibly more, to use this device like a library card. Allow me, say, two books downloaded at any one time (and never "owned"). I'm betting the Kindle in its present form is a step in exactly that direction because of the whispernet.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote