View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Did the epub file save to your computer or did it automatically attempt to open in ADE?
It saved to a file.

I wonder if ADE uses the information in the XML file to add parameters to the URL so the shortcovers.com site can encrypt it with a key for me.

I'm looking around for those inept python files to clean off the DRM, but I've only found a version that's specific to Windows or Mac, that tries to open use Windows DLLs. I suppose I could install windows python under Wine, but that's kind of offensive. The hallmark of scripting languages like python is that they are supposed to be platform independent. I'm mucking with it to see if I can clean out the Windows-specificity.

I paid for this book. I paid the full asking price. It's evil and wrong that I have to fight tooth and nail to read it just because I reject a bad OS.
KenJackson is offline   Reply With Quote