View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 02:39 AM   #53
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I tried to install it. I ran the installation program to revert to the original Irex firmware and removed the original _DR800+ folder and Desktop installation program. Then I copied your new folder and the installation program to the Irex. Started the program, nothing happened. Then I copied the files from the NEW subdirectory to the _DR800+ directory. Ran the setup program again. Still nothing. So finally I downloaded the file tip.zip from bitbucket and also copied the extracted files and directory to _DR800+. Still can't get the program to run. What am I doing wrong? I do have the UDS file from the DR1000.
Be sure to copy original DR1000's uds binary as new/uds.dr1000 before executing the installer. If you don't do it the installer won't do anything, to protect you from having a broken environment.

Also note that bitbucket only contains sources, not the executable code you need to install into the DR800.

I'm thinking on ways to improve the installer giving some feedback to the user...
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote