View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #13
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
First impressions, iRex 800

After 1 hour of usage (interrupted by taking pics):

- I'm very disappointed by the cover. Looks way cheaper than expected.
- I don't like the stylus very much. It's big, but light. And it can't be inserted in the unit itself.
- I like the replaceable battery. But I don't like very much, how to exchange the Micro SD card (within the battery compartment, unscrewing needed).

- I'm impressed by the clarity of the screen (although I'm not surpised. iRex iLiad and iRex 1000S did have great screens as well - not "harmed" by the touchscreen layer).
- I like the measurements, but I like Sony 900 as much.
- I like the flipbar, did love it on iLiad as well. Even prefer it to using the touchscreen for turning pages.
- Have to check the B&N store. But just having it is great.

Meaning: It's a great unit and I remain being a true iRex fan. But quite frankly, I'm not quite sure yet about the price difference to Sony 900. Over all, in my first impression, both units are about even (Sony 900 being more elegant, iRex 800 having better contrast). But the prices differ...

Last edited by mgmueller; 01-21-2010 at 07:54 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote