View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
mcardoso
mcardoso began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch - firmware 5.3.2.1 (1840090002)
I'm experiencing the same error - slightly different behavior

Hello to all.

I can confirm that I'm experiencing the same error, since yesterday (at least), with a slightly different behavior.

Events

I'm using a kindle touch. Recently I've forgotten to turn off the wifi, and a few days ago it has updated (on its own) to firmware version 5.3.2.1.
Since then I've just kept reading the same book I was on.

Yesterday, I used calibre to upload some books to the device.
When I tried to open the book inside the kindle, it was no where to be found.

Sorting by Recent:
Since I've organized collections inside the kindle, after uploading a book, I usually sort by the most recent and then assign the book to a collection.
With this sort I receive a blank screen.

Sorting by collection:
With this sort, I can only see the collections. If I "dive" inside the collection the respective books are there.
In fact with this sort, I can only see the collections.
Previously the books with no collection were shown on the end of all collections.
Now they are not there.
Not even the update letter received from amazon shows up.

Search:
I've tried to search for it, but, no luck.

Sorting by Title:
Then I've tried to sort by title, but I could not find it still.
And here it starts the different behaviours:
When sorted by title, some of the old books that were not in a collection, do show up. When sorted by collection it does not.
When sorted by title, and navigating through the 20 pages of titles, once in page 17 it takes a long time to change to page 18. Page 18 is not full with titles. Page 19 takes a long time to load and it appears empty. For page 20 the same as page 19.

Sorting by author.
With this sort, the main page, still displays the collection names as if it was sorted by collection.

Windows Explorer:
Using windows explorer, I can see the books inside the folder structure.

I believe this is some bug from the new firmware version (since I cannot see the "amazon update letter" that was received via amazon). But I cannot state it.
Can it be that amazon changed something and now calibre is not capable of uploading the books correctly?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
mcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote