View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 01:25 PM   #27
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Composite Custom Columns in CALM Version 2.0.5

@rolandt99:

Version 2.0.5 Answer to your Questions #1 and #2:

You are probably getting Template Errors when you switch to the CALM Target Library that you just Generated. I assume that is what you mean by "generation fails". Composite Custom Columns are problematic because of their Templates. Working on that issue for the next release of CALM is on my to-do list.

2 Possible Immediate Work-Around Solutions to choose from:

[Choice #1] There is a pushbutton on the "Source Custom Columns" tab named "Mass Deactive All Composite Custom Columns (Only)". You need to click that prior to Generating. Then, manually create the desired Composite Custom Columns directly in the CALM Target Library. Since they are "columns built from other columns", their underlying real data will already be there.

[Choice #2] Manually change the templates for all of the Generated Composite Custom Columns directly in the CALM Target Library. I suggest you do this AFTER Generation BUT BEFORE Consolidation. You will get few-to-no error messages about Template Errors, since there will be no "books" in the CALM Target Library to cause them. Then, run a Consolidation.

As I mentioned, this issue is on my to-do list.

Version 2.0.5 Answer to your Questions #3:

The Custom Column type "Text column for keeping series-like information" requires special handling for the index, which I forgot because my many test libraries I used for developing CALM did not have one of that special type. Sorry about that. I will add that for the next release.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote