View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 06:58 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
The largest benefit is being able to convert huge books, such as the Delphi classics, if you use 64-bit Calibre and have 8GB RAM or more. Three same is true if you convert 3-4 large books at the save time. I often see Calibre easily hit 6-7 GB RAM usage.

Under Calibre 32-bit, the program can't use more than 2GB in total. I don't know what happens if there isn't enough memory to complete a conversion. It might be aborted; Calibre could also possibly crash.
Yes, I have a couple of Delphi collections that I'm unable to convert on my current laptop with 4GB RAM. I'm planning to replace my laptop by one with 16GB RAM shortly, which should allow me to convert them using 64-bit Calibre.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote