View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 07:39 PM   #77
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
I had same issue as iplers. However, after using the zip file and not the 1.4.2 (which is still last one visible from calibre) it is all working fine!
Good to hear it is working. I'll do the official release today which will also bump the version number and calibre will announce the update.
Quote:
I am quite new to this plugin and I have tried to find all the info reading messages in this forum. One thing I do not understand. I load annotations in the new column, they are all there, but why I can not see them in the book itself when using calibre's view book?
Why I can not see them when I send book from calibre to some other device?
Because the plugin doesn't work like that. The plugin fetches the annotations from the device, formats them nicely and puts them in the configured column. It doesn't do anything else.

There is no support in the epub standard for annotations. And the calibre viewer doesn't support anything. The viewer does have a bookmarking system, but only records a position and doesn't support highlighting or adding an annotation. When that function is added to the viewer, I'll look at adding the annotations to the book. Whether that will work or not remains to be seen.

As to getting the annotations to another device, it just isn't practical unless the devices use exactly the same annotation method. That means it would be possible between to Kobo's, two Kindles or two Sony's, but the plugin doesn't support this. To do that, would require collecting and storing a lot more information about the annotations then the plugin currently does.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote