View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #11
DrD123
Connoisseur
DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Interesting turn for them - the bigger screen is nice, and now it has the adaptive backlight. Not sure how much benefit the 12 LEDs is compared to 6 in the Voyage (I've read some posts where folks have had non-uniform illumination, but mine seems pretty much perfect in that respect - or if there are hot spots, I don't see them). Don't think the external battery was a huge selling point for most folks, so not a bad idea to ditch it. As for 8 vs. 32GB - 8GB is pretty huge for an e-reader... but for only $30, the extra space isn't bad. I would have though 4GB with a microSD slot for increased storage would be a better approach, though. Maybe they can't implement that in their current architecture?
DrD123 is offline   Reply With Quote