View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 12:26 PM   #8
CmplxAdSys
Enthusiast
CmplxAdSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Why do you want to keep two PDF's for the same book, the creator of this thread wanted to keep the original and a hacked version he/she could read on a Kobo.
Yep, that's my situation, too. I've cropped one PDF using Briss to read on my Kobo and have kept that with the .pdf extension, since I doubt the Kobo would recognized a modified file extension.

But I then renamed the uncropped version and changed its extension to .pdf_orig. I prefer reading uncropped pdfs on my tablet since the screen's larger and so can handle it, plus I can take handwritten notes in the margins.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to open and read those uncropped PDFs with the .pdf_orig extension on my tablet using a decent PDF reader with a clean interface and native support for regular and pen annotations.

Quote:
Can your favoured Windows Store app be the default handler for regular PDF files.
That's possible, I suppose - I can use my tablet reader to just read the cropped version and leave .pdf_orig untouch and unread. I do prefer margins when reading on my tablet, though, for the reasons mentioned above. But I could try it and see if it's less uncomfortable than I suspect it would be.
CmplxAdSys is offline   Reply With Quote