View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Couldn't disagree more... I don't spend my life attached to my computer and much of my life has nothing to do with being online... I'd hate the idea of relinquishing my data to someone else's control... that idea was supposed to die out with the High Priests of the Mainframe and the invention of the personal computer which was called personal for a reason... I'd certainly never use the Cloud for everything and I know nobody else intending that - yes, use for sharing across devices when away from desktop, collaborating and across various devices but for everything??? And how would I be able to read from the cloud without Wi-Fi access or mobile data? Wi-Fi is most definitely not everywhere - there's a lot more to life and the world than the urban sprawl... and much of that has no free/ easy access to the net...

One of the joys of reading is to shut out the external world and enjoy that of what's being read... with no interruptions and the ability to be away from computers etc. As for portability and access, well I've got around 50K titles on my PRS 505 with PRS+ and my library thus fits in my pocket - no hard drive needed...

Good luck with your browser search but the majority of people certainly don't do everything online...

Last edited by elcreative; 11-24-2012 at 03:52 PM.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote