View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #620
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Find the lighting too harsh and blue

I bought one a few days ago. I have a Paperwhite (gathering dust) and a Kobo Aura H202. I thought this Oasis would replace both of those; like the fact that it has page turn buttons and a higher DPI than the Kobo.

I mostly read at night when my wife is asleep and the room is dark. The Kobo has the ability to adjust the color temperature on the front light, removing blue light. I have to say that having gotten used to that, I found the Kindle awful to look at in the dark, even with the brightness turned way down. I alternated for a couple of nights but I just can't deal with it. It seems more blue and "glary" than my Paperwhite, and is terrible compared to the Kobo. It's less of an issue during the day but even there I find the Kobo looks much more like paper, with the yellower lighting.

I'm going to have to wait for Amazon to adopt a similar approach to lighting before I can switch back. A pity because I really like the form factor; actually I liked everything. Just not that terrible light.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote