View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #89
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
tried your drawing to overlay in pixlr and that come out.
I had not so much time but I think it was very easy to get this first result.
Intriguing. Your workflow yields a completely different effect compared to mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I am envious of all you folk with real artistic skill.
I've been editing picutures using Photoshop for about 10 years, and have switched to GIMP a year ago. (I am slowly starting to detest Adobe more and more, mostly because of its subscription-only business model for the latest versions of their software.)

If you know the software's basics, then this is not really "artistic skill": I just suddenly remembered the terms, such as Emboss, Bump Map, Directional Light, and so on, and looked up some tutorials on how to apply that stuff. Don't ask me to create stuff from scratch using paper and pencil because I'll fail horribly.

Would it be appreciated if I created a bump map/emboss tutorial (using GIMP) with regard to these covers? And if I do, should I put it in a different thread?

===

One more: a leather cover, posted earlier in this thread, with a free ornament grabbed from the internet. After embossing it, I've actually used the embossing stamp image to add a highlight to the ornament. (Compare it as if you would fill an imprinted image with paint, on a real leather cover.)

Of course I can churn out a gazillion different covers now, but I really don't want to. Does someone have a request, like: "I'd like this ornament I found there added to that cover, in this or that way"? Maybe I could try it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leather-flowers.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	583.2 KB
ID:	111387  
Attached Files
File Type: zip leather-flowers.zip (4.26 MB, 787 views)
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote