View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #41
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
It's certainly possible it wasn't a good Paperwhite on display at the Best Buy. Still, it appeared to be working. The dictionary speed was really slow, even on my older Sony 350, my dictionary pops up almost instantly, the wait on the Kindle was excruciating in comparison.

Wish I could see a Kobo in person!
As well as blotchy screens there must be some buggy units out there as the two Kindle PW's I've had a play with in Waterstones were very quick turning pages, changing fonts, selecting books & bringing up the dictionary. Also the screens looked pretty good in the 3 or 4 units I've seen in person.

I'll say exactly the same for the Kobo Glo too. I've played with the Glo in two different shops, and it too was very quick, with a great screen. I'd find it pretty hard to choose between them on the limited testing you can do in a shop.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote