Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle Touch battery life
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
I don't read a big font, or insanely fast.

I got it the 17th. I do have a lot of books on it, several hundred (thanks Baen). I added those when I first got it, so I expected some battery life issues initially as they were indexed.

I did a factory reset when it was new (when I was adding all the books it got pretty messed up due to a couple of corrupt books), I haven't reset since. I have had to power it off a time or two when the screen froze, I think that's probably a soft reset (had to hold the button down 20 seconds and all that).

I am thinking I will just read on my K2 for a few days and see how the battery life is when I'm not using it at all. My suspicion is that it will deplete a bunch even not reading at all, but I'll have to see. That should still leave me some time in the 30 days if I'm not just not happy.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote