View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #17
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
I don't consider sideloading to be on the same plane as rooting. Probably this poll should have 3 choices: rooting, sideloading, and walled garden. The lovely thing is that Amazon left a gate open in that walled garden. So I've sideloaded Getjar and some outside apps. I've got GO Launcher so I can switch between Amazon's Home Page and the Android-look Home Page easily, depending on what I'm trying to get to. And that's part of what I'm loving about the Fire vs a Nook Color rooted with an N2A card (which I also have) - much easier to tap an icon than to turn on & off to switch between modes.

So I too voted that yes, I'll be sideloading, but I'm not rooting.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote