View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 03:45 AM   #1
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Stamping Screensavers

Hi Guys!

I've been lurking around here using the hacks, so I decided I should try and contribute something, even if it is small. Basically, I have a bunch of Kindle formatted screensavers that I downloaded from the internet, but I wanted to make them look more authentic, so I decided to stamp each one with a "Slide and release the power switch to wake" message to each one.

However, doing this manually would be a tedious task, so I created an action in Photoshop to do so. To start, download the Kindle Stamp.zip file in the attachments section of this post. Once you extract it, you will find two files: stamp.png (self-explanatory file name) and Kindle Stamp.atn (A Photoshop Action File). Open Photoshop and open the Actions window if it is not already open (Window -> Actions). Then, in the top right corner of the Actions Window, click the menu icon to open a menu. Click the Load Actions option and navigate to the Kindle Stamp.atn file that you extracted.

Now that you've loaded the actions file, you need to load the stamp. First, open the stamp.png file in Photoshop. Then, select all (Ctrl+A) and copy it (Ctrl+C). Once you do that, you are ready to batch stamp your screensavers.

I'm using Photoshop CS5, so it might be different on your computer, but when you open the Batch Processor (File -> Automate -> Batch), select the action you should have just imported and the folder containing all of the screensavers. Then, choose a folder where you want to save the stamped screensavers, and if all goes well, you should have a nice set of authentic looking images.

I know, that is probably a lot of work for something so petty, but it's a nice thing to do if you have a little time. Let me know if you guys have any problems. If you don't have Photoshop, I wouldn't mind stamping some of your guys's screenshots if you upload them in a zip too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	change.gif
Views:	10741
Size:	377.6 KB
ID:	61679   Click image for larger version

Name:	batch.png
Views:	10228
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	61682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Industrial-Road.png
Views:	907
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	61714  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kindle Stamp.zip (8.6 KB, 1690 views)

Last edited by kranu; 11-23-2010 at 02:28 PM.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote