View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 04:10 AM   #15
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
I think it's a fairly risky move to lock oneself into a single format, even if it -is- Amazon. As e-readers proliferate the Kindle's command on sales numbers is going to weaken until eventually they (Kindle-only publishers) are going to be crying about the lack of access to a huge market share.

Of course, to be fair, I noticed that Amazon is releasing the reader for a lot of platforms, however it's still going to leave them locked out of competing native e-readers.

I for one will continue to keep producing ebooks in about 3 formats for now (epub, mobi and PDF).
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote