View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 01:13 PM   #43
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I think the real question is do employees who accept Amazon's employment terms have an option, other than starving and homelessness? If that is the only employment available, then it is not a choice.
Either you choose to work for Amazon or you don't. There is a choice. Getting dramatic over it because in a specific case there are few options to choose from does not mean that there is not a choice. And once you begin working for Amazon, which some are bizarrely portraying as yanking you out of your nest and forcing you to work for them, you can't really get by with "But I didn't have a choice, I had to behave unethically and accept bribes." That is surely a load of crap.

Certainly, educated and skilled workers will have more choices in employment available the them than unskilled/uneducated workers. And workers that have amassed savings will have an easier time getting through a period of unemployment than will a poor worker with no savings. These things are obvious, and 100% expected to occur.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote