View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #5
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
I am running an Apple Mac Mini with Snow Leopard version 10.6.4 and upgraded to the latest version of calibre (0.7.18) when it came out with no fuss or errors beyond an ongoing issue with the library which I have not been able to resolve but did not keep me from 99% of the functionality of the program. I have been using Calibre now long enough that I have upgraded it faithfully upon release several times, in order of those upgrades' releases.

I have not made any significant (that I can think of) other changes to my operating system or application setup recently that I can recall.

The only thing I can think of that could remotely have affected something with my calibre installation is that a few days ago I imported a few new books (free public domain downloadable pdf files of the Holy Bible) into Calibre. At the time, calibre was functioning normally, I was able to start the content server, change/download metadata, insert covers for versions, began converting the pdfs to epub (which stanza, which I use on my iphone 3gs, prefers over pdf). Although the conversion process was laboriously slow in a way that I did not expect, eventually the conversion jobs were done and I was successful at transferring the files over wifi into Stanza for iphone.

That was my last experience with Calibre prior to the mysterious failures/crashes, and was all done after the latest upgrade so I do not believe the upgrade itself is the culprit though I could be wrong....

I do not have assistive devices enabled in my universal access, I did not find the mentioned result in my Console.app output so do not believe corrupt fonts are the problem. I do not use Voice Over.

M-
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote