Thread: Impact on iPad?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #64
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
This brings up a very good point. What do we mean when we say we "read" with a device?

My default assumed definition has always been limited to "ebooks". So maybe that's an error/limitation of my point of view. I don't consider hitting a newspaper or magazine website as "reading" - that's web browsing. But maybe others are using the word differently than I do - some may consider reading email as "ereading".

Troy
Academic journals, novels, and poetry anthologies for me. Perhaps those aren't "reading" to the true connoisseurs of the ebook medium, but I feel comfortable calling them reading. I wouldn't be offended by calling periodicals or even long-form web articles reading either, but I don't really have any need for a device for that. I just need a device that will handle novels, scholarly articles, and poetry collections well.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote