View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #11
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nation.A.List View Post
Coldsun I have found 18 WinCE games for M8 that may work with the Q5/Q7. I have downloaded them all but don't know what to do next. An example of what is in one of the .rar files is as follows;

Folders - Config , dat , save
Files - DeathDrivePPC2003.exe , £DDeathDrivePPC2003.cab , debug.txt , icon.png

Any thoughts ???
Its a good possibility that if it works on the M8 it should work on the Q5/Q7. You might need to modify the CAB file and remove anything about the M8 from the registry portion (delete those keys). I'm guessing from your example files you can just use the CAB file and copy it to your device and click to install it. The EXE file is likely the installer for using ActiveSynch.

Oh and I got the Comic Reader Mobi application working. It has a few little bugs but for the majority part it works beautifully. I like it even more than Comix for Linux. The developer is also very concerned with support and I would say it was $9.99 well spent. I'm going to help him test the little bugs we found and we might have a version just for us Q5/Q7 users!

I really like how the device functions in WinCE. The charger works better - when you plug it in the light turns red and it turns green when fully charged (I don't remember it doing that in Linux). The video performance with the included player is FAR better than the Linux OS. Wireless is tricky to set up since its in chinese, but that should be corrected with the english version. responsiveness is very much improved. Pretty much everything works better. If I'm understanding the chinese forums correctly, a nice version of Andriod is coming for the device as well. Mer is shaping up quite nicely, they continue to improve the standard Linux OS that comes with it by default, and I hear many people are quad-booting the device with Linux, Mer, WinCE, and Android.

The english version of WinCE just can't get here soon enough. Come on SmartDevices - we are counting on you!

Last edited by ColdSun; 07-22-2009 at 07:06 PM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote