View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #131
judyz
Enthusiast
judyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-950
I will chime in for what it's worth..

1) I find page turns to not always be recognized. On ocasion I have to put my Kobo to sleep and wake it up to get it to recognize a page turn. Then on ocasion it will flip two pages instead of one. Obviously some tweaking to the touch software would help. I MISS MY BUTTONS.
2) The scroll bar for goto page is annoying. It is nowhere near as precise as you would need it to be. A simple goto page with numbers would be more effective.
3) Better battery meter configuration and a better job of notifying users when the device is reaching low power. I have on several ocassions picked my Kobo Glo up and headed out for the day only to discover that it doesn't have the charge I need to get through a day. I will start reading and in mid sentence it switches to the plug me in message without warning. In a perfect world my Kobo would tell me when it has passed the threshold of one days battery use so that I would know to plug it in the night before I go out.
4) The ability to personalize the main screen display of books. The last 5 books I added to the machine might not be the ones I am thinking of reading next. Perhaps being able to pick which shelf is displayed would be better.
5) Maybe I am in the minority here but I thought the reading badges were kind of cool. I am disappointed that there hasn't been more.
6) You have your users syncing to the internet with this device why not use it? Create a messages tab where you can send us blurbs about the Kobo community, upcoming books and features you are working on. At this point there isn't any point for me in synching since I do all my reading on the Kobo Glo.

These are strictly suggestions to improve the device. I am in love with my Kobo Glo! My previous Kobo has been recycled to a family member and I have talked a few others into Kobo purchases. We love the hardware and your commitment to constant improvement. Please keep it coming. My husband is the long hold out. He has a Sony PRS 950. He loves the larger screen but wishes he could get one with a Glo light. Any chance Kobo might make a bigger reader?
judyz is offline   Reply With Quote