View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
There are a few more alternatives I've seen used.

One is to name each chapter after the POV in that chapter. Useful in books with many POVs for an instant "set-up" in a character's head.

Another is to name each chapter after the location. This is obviously suitable if the action jumps between a limited number of locations (4-10) and it's a shortcut that instantly locates the action.

Finally, I've seen books where the chapter title contains the date or the day of week. This is used in "timelock" thrillers where the action is driven forward at a fast pace and the time is running out for whatever it is that should happen. In a few cases (with the whole action compressed in a few days) I've seen date and time used.
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote