Thread: MobileRead March 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Tough choice. The two best books in the list are up for grabs. Both are good and both fit the bill for a good read. I've read one and seen both movies. The movie for Along Came a Spider is not bad. But the book is better. I've seen Shutter Island but not read the book.
exactly, except I'm not sure I agree they were the best books on the list. I originally voted for one of the Nesbo books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Ugh, just terrible. Two of the three I least wanted to read have made the run-off. I've seen both the films so already know the twists and turns of both.

Along Came A Spider wasn't bad, but it's pretty basic stuff and I can see getting nothing extra out of reading the book.

So I'm going with Shutter Island. It won't be thrilling to me since I know what happens, but at least the book may delve a little more into everything, and I really liked the atmosphere. It was a good thrilling film with a great mystery and story, so I expect the book will be good too.
I have now voted for Shutter Island, as I've read the Patterson twice.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote