View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #10
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Yeah whatever, your condescending comments here won't be missed.

I am one of those "contributors" you mention, having put thousands of hours into trying to improve calibre with development. I have no problem pointing the finger back at myself if my fairly random choice of icons or way I have implemented features could be tweaked to make something more visually appealing. I have skills in some areas, UI graphics is definitely not one of them. If someone comes up with an improved set of icons, a suggestion for restructuring a plugin's menus to make it easier to use or whatever then personally I welcome it, I am not insulted by it in any way! And I would hope that Kovid/John/Charles know me enough by now with the suggestions I have made that they are all about trying to improve the user experience and reduce the amount of times people find the need to come ask a question on the forums about some menu item they cannot find.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote