View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #8
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
someones perceived ugly is unimportant. the program's functionality is important. keep things in perspective folks..
Who at any point on this thread has not kept things in perspective? Or has suggested functionality *must* be removed in order to improve the appearance?

That you don't mind how calibre looks - good for you. However there are others out there like me who think it both got hit with the ugly stick in some areas (to the detriment of some functionality being intuitive, like the oft quoted trash icon). And I also think it could do with some revisiting of the menus to make some features a bit easier to find. For instance how many times a week do people post about not being able to find plugins because calibre has different toolbars for when a device is connected or not?

I encourage anyone to make suggestions who has ideas to improve calibre - we may not all agree with them, but there is always someone out there who has a fresh perspective that can help move calibre forward.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote