Thread: Kobo Touch $129
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #56
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I have actually seen the Sony PRS-350 at certain Walmart stores in Canada (selling for about $180, if I recall correctly), but it is not listed on their website, which I find odd.
Wal-mart Canada used to carry the Sony e-readers; I believe that the removal from the website means they are working through remaining inventory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
The Sony Readers do have multiple language interfaces and Sony's bookstore operates in several countries. Additionally, the Sonys have multiple language dictionaries. So where exactly is the first?
I believe the point is that Kobo has separate bookstore offerings -- different languages -- in France, Germany, Italy, Spain (or, more to the point, started to open these this month with more to follow in June or July). I don't believe either Sony or Amazon are quite there yet (Amazon has the German Kindle store as I already noted).

Here was the Apr press release: http://blog.kobobooks.com/kobo-kicks...don-book-fair/

Last edited by SensualPoet; 05-23-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: added link
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote