View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #150
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-equinoxe View Post
Hope you meant:
"I am NOT responsible for what happens."

BTW, yifanlu, would it also be illegal to create and distribute some sort of a diff patch (like current official updates)? (this is (AFAIK) how iPhone devs are releasing their hacks so they don't have to spread illegal copyrighted material)
Since it is an upgrade it should be possible (though I think it will be a lot of work to create and to upload all these, but still manageable..)
Even if it's a diff patch, it's still "diff"ing amazon code with newer amazon code. Also, I do not know how legal it would be to distribute the file system. For, Linux is under GPL. Do they get any legal rights for compiling it? The main thing I care about is the java OS files and some scripts. Those are compelely amazon coded. It's just too much pain to write an updater script.

UPDATE

So, I'm trying out the method I proposed a couple posts back. I want to see if I can do the whole copy process in one command (aka, not more save old files, copy new files, copy old files). I'm trying the rsync --delete command, so it may not work and it may even be dangerous (but I doubt that). Try it out and as always, post your logs!!

Last edited by yifanlu; 05-14-2011 at 08:25 PM.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote