View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 07:06 PM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Love it! I wish that Wi-Fi were more available in PDA's, maybe it'll be so in the next 2 years.

I see BobR's point about the "electronic leash" re: the business man, but for the small-business man like myself, I could use the extra connectivity. When one is the CEO and General Manager and Secretary and Janitor and...one really needs not to have the forced 8.5 hours of downtime when one could be keeping the business afloat.

I think the price is too high, myself, but hopefully more providers will join in and the prices will come down and have more pricing options. It's be cool if one could use their own provider instead of having to go through another one (ex. I plan on getting one of those ubiquitous coffeeshop-data carriers like T-Mobile when I get a PDA with Wi-Fi, and it'd be cool if the one I choose has Airline Connectivity or whatever it's called.)

Congrats on being one of the first geeks to experience this. Times like this don't come around very often. It seems like Eurpoean countries do "get it" when it comes to emerging technologies moreso than the U.S. I think 2 years is a reasonable time to expect all of my Wi-Fi dreams to come true.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote