View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 05:37 PM   #4
Bradles
Connoisseur
Bradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmos

Device: Apple Books & Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke9700 View Post

For those of us who use Authors names as FN LN (I know - scandalous!) the plugin will try and match calibre first names to LF last names e.g. Adam-Troy Castro is paired up with John Joseph Adams.
Thanks Duke.

I would not expect a very high probability match in that situation. The algorithm splits each string into "tokens" (i.e. words), sorts them, then compares the shortest combination. It includes the book title, so only if the titles are very similar as well would you get a high probability match. You can expect quite a few low probability matches, e.g. 50% and under, just from these random word matches.

The LT API also returns author first last, so it would be fairly easy to add that as a LTMatch configuration option.

Let me know if you are seeing anything different and I'll look into it further.
Bradles is offline   Reply With Quote