View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I think they nailed it pretty well. But I don't think there's any of fear of paper books going away anytime soon.

The Kindle has a very "ipod" like quality to it. It's not that it's the first there, and it's not that it is necessarily the best - but for the first time the average user can easily use and find a lot of content for. And it's gotten the public's attention and excitement.

What's working against it, however, is Amazon not being able to remotely keep up with demand. That works well for game systems, but I'm afraid they'll lose some important momentum due to lack of availability.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote