View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 09:21 PM   #3
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdclanahan View Post
I have posted recently about setting up the Calibre content server on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian as the Linux distro. This works, but it limits me to an older version of Calibre (from what I understand, a limitation of Debian).

Does anyone know of a Linux distribution that will A) run on a Raspberry Pi 4, and B) allow me to install Calibre 4?

Thanks in advance!
mdclanahan
Calibre 4 should run fine on Raspbian. I'm running it on Ubuntu 16.04 just fine, which is based on a far older version of Debian than current Raspbian releases are.

You just need to install the current version from the calibre site, not the one packaged with the distro. https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote