Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 02:57 AM   #70
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale View Post
2 books:

- The story is about a girl and a boy and a fence...it's during a war and they're people who are eating other humans "purples" and others who are not or something like that. The boy and girl communicate through the fence; I don't think they ever meet. Something about XZ27...at one point a small boy is approaching a group of people and they have meat cooking over a fire but he is yanked back at the last minute by another boy who warns him that the meat he is seeing used to be another little boy...*sigh* I read this years ago and I've tried to find it ever since.
The only thing I could find was Brother In The Land by Robert Swindells, which seemed to be reasonably close, with specific reference to "purples" and cannibalism.

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 01-09-2009 at 03:03 AM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote