View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #57
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
It's also a good idea to create an image of the microSD card before attempting the recovery.
Definitely.
Quote:
I ended up mounting the recovery file system on a Linux box then following the recovery script manually (it involves formatting the system and user partitions, then decompressing a file to each file system). That seemed to be a lot safer than messing around with the bootloader.
Yes, that's a good idea and I tried it the first time I messed up my Glo. But, I messed up used an image and another card to get it working. Once I knew I had a working card, I played a bit more on the original card to see what I did wrong. I ended up using the image again, but it was a good learning experience.