View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #15
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
This is really strange. As you say, in 2.1.1, the E-E dictionary is encrypted. In the recent dictionary files, as delivered in the synchronizing process, the E-E dictionary, and some others, the html-files are again gzipped. I thought this is the reason why yours is working fine.
What about the files on your computer in the Kobo desktop app's directory? In my case those are exactly the same encrypted-zipped ones as the files on my reader - however the "old" non-zipped directories are also there. I assumed these are simply transferred during syncing, and that's why all my dictionaries were encrypted. (I synced via desktop not Wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Would be interesting to replace the recent E-E dictionary with the version of 2.1.1 in order to see whether the dictionary engine can handle both gzipped and encrypted files in this case.
Definitely can, as mine worked with the encrypted-english dictionary and now works with the gzipped-modified one.
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote