View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Unfortunately, the html files are not in plain text. Up to 2.0.0 or so they were gz compressed. Since then they seem to be encrypted, I guess because of copyright concerns. The "words"-file seems to be an index file (I have no idea about the encoding).
I had some plans about manipulating dictionaries (link) and I actually put some efforts into it. However, I gave up because of the encryption.
I still have a faint hope that the KT stores the html files in plain format on the system partition for performance reasons. Since I am a Ms Windows user without any knowledge of Linux I cannot access this partition. I would be thankful for any information.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote