View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I know that the Kobo Vox is not the most highly regarded device out there but it does do what you want:shows up as a drive letter on your computer when usb storage is enabled. It's really a reader with tablet features, runs on Gingerbread and has gotten better since its last update as far as battery life and other features. It has a specially treated screen to make reading outdoors in sunlight easier than most other tablets. It's cheap, can be found for $180 or less.
I have no problem with the Vox except I've decided, after looking at several 7" tablets, that they are just too small. Right now I'm considering the 7.7" Toshiba Excite and the 8.2" Motorola Droid xyboard and leaning towards the droid.

Edit; Nope, not the droid - the verizon salesman said it had a microsd slot, but turns out it does not - a deal breaker for me.

Last edited by peaceridge; 09-01-2012 at 01:25 PM.
peaceridge is online now   Reply With Quote