View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 01:35 AM   #11
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Why? Maybe there's a limitation of eInk that I don't know about, but Aldiko and Moon+ don't require scrolling.
We'll see. I don't know how different proprietary apps will respond to the refresh rate, or if that will be the only 'quirk' they'll encounter. This device is significantly different from phones and tablets, and even if you can get apps to load and open on a rooted STR, that doesn't mean they'll produce sensible images in a meaningful sequence on the display.

If market apps don't work as-is, there's a lot less motivation to push the limits on a device like this, because you're going to hit those limits a lot sooner than on something like the Nook Color, which shipped with a lot of hardware it was hardly using, if at all. You're more likely to see people make apps for the device that they know will work on it. I'd be glad to be proven wrong, but I doubt we'll ever see as 'open' a system on this device as the OP would like.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote