View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #12
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
WTF!! It's a large reader with an old processor! But T80s has a quad core chip...
Well, for speed junkies ordering a Onyx Boox Note is already an option. But unlike the still unavailable BOYUE Likebook Note it doesn't offer much more than just CPU power and a more modern Android. No SD-Card, no hardware buttons, no audio jack.

While i was playing with the idea of acquiring an Onyx Boox Note, ultimately i decided against such a costly purchase because i don't think that a faster CPU and a more recent Android really outweights the painful absence of useful features like an SD-Card reader and actual hardware buttons.

For my own limited personal usage scenario the BOYUE Likebook Note will most likely deliver much more practical value than any other current offering on the e-ink market. I am waiting since years for an ereader with this well balanced resolution/size/dpi for my pdf reading purposes and it really doesn't require any fast CPU to fulfill my actual needs in this area.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote