View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #10
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVLarson View Post
I'm worried, all right. I'm worried that Amazon will turn into Microsoft and rule the entire field. Right now, by the real sales estimates, Amazon is doing 80% plus, BN is doing about 15% and the rest are slurping on the last 5%. That means that since BN just put itself up for sale and might go out of biz entirely over the next few years, Amazon is eating everything.

This is a worry if they become like Ipods or Windows machines and barely have any real competition. I don't want them to rule the cosmos, they will dictate terms to authors and readers alike.
-BVL
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly my worry and why I refuse to buy from Amazon.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote