View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I would think that almost all writing has some sort of "agenda", meaning a message of some sort about that writer's values, or what (s)he fears might happen if those values aren't followed. Including Heinlein and Clarke. If you don't notice the agenda, it probably means that it is one you agree with and take for granted.

As for vulgarity, what do you mean? Just sex acts? Or nudity? Or curse words? How about made-up futuristic curse words? Fracking elaborate!
RE: "Agenda" - what I mean is the author sat down with a goal to write a fun read, not that they sat down to write to push an "agenda." I simply enjoy 50's and 60's type "innocent" stories.

RE: Vulgarity - I'm a christian and I simply can't stand vulgarity and I don't want to read about sex acts. Read a '50's book and then read a modern book and I think the difference in language is apparent.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote